We figured we would collect a few of the most common questions. If you don't see the answer to your particular question, please don't hesitate to call Mallory at 614-245-5563!
Is there cell phone reception at the cabins?
- There is pretty good Verizon cell phone reception outside The Lodge. Coverage is spotty inside the Lodge and very poor at The Retreat. Other providers have nearly no service at our property. Those with iPhones or other newer devices can use WiFi calling from your cabin.
What time is check in/out?
- Check in is after 4:00pm, and check out is 11:00am.
Do you own the property?
- Yes, we are small, family run company! We manage our own properties to ensure you have the best possible experience while visiting Harble Ridge.
When do we pay for our stay?
- 50% is due at the time of reservation, and the remaining 50% is due 30 days prior to your stay. If your reservation is made within 30 days of your stay, full payment is due at booking.
Do I have to pay sales tax and lodging taxes? I saw some listings that didn't charge tax?
- Yes, we run a legal short-term rental business and must charge these taxes to be compliant with the law.Hocking County has a 6% lodging tax and a 7.25% sales tax that will be applied to your stay. The lodging tax helps to maintain the Hocking Hills area and promotes numerous tourism initiatives.
Why do you charge extra guest fees?
- Extra guest fees help compensate for utility usage, well and septic wear-and-tear, and additional cleaning costs. This approach is common amongst properties in the area and helps keep units affordable for smaller groups looking for additional space or amenities.
What is the maximum number of people we can bring?
- The Lodge at Harble Ridge has a maximum occupancy of 23. The Retreat has a maximum occupancy of 4. We could accommodate groups up to 27 if you chose to book both The Lodge and The Retreat.
Do kids count toward the maximum occupancy?
- We pride ourselves in being very family friendly! Kids 3 and over do count towards the occupancy. We do have two pack and plays available at the Lodge for our little guests!
How do we access the property?
- Approximately 5-7 days prior to your stay, you will receive a welcome email providing the address of the property and a code to get into the Lodge or Retreat. All of our doors are keypad controlled, and no keys need picked up or returned!
Do you have to have four wheel drive to get to the property?
- Our property is accessible by most vehicles, even without four-wheel drive. The drive up to The Lodge is somewhat steep, so in very bad winter weather four-wheel drive would be recommended.
Do you allow cancellations due to bad weather (winter storms, rain, etc.)?
- We cannot offer refunds due to inclement weather. There is so much fun to be had rain, snow, or shine! We will work through any weather to ensure your cabin is ready, clean, and warm for your arrival!
If we just want to stay Thursday and Friday night, do we pay one weekday rate, and one weekend rate?
- Combinations of Thursday/Friday or Saturday/Sunday (2 Nights) are charged the weekend rate for both nights. When booking three nights, Thursday or Sunday night would be charged at the weekday rate.
How good is the internet at the cabins?
- We pay for the best satellite service we can get, however please understand that you are in the middle of the woods and service can be slow and spotty at times. We cannot guarantee reliable internet access at any of the cabins, but our experience is that it normally works just fine for basic browsing/email.
What DirectTV channels do you get at the property?
- Click here for the most current channel listing.
Is the water at The Lodge and The Retreat good for drinking?
- Our property has well water, and we think its pretty delicious! If you prefer not to drink well water you are welcome to bring bottled water for your stay.
Can we use the hot tub even though it's winter?
- Absolutely! That's the best time to sit in the hot tub in our humble opinion. Both the hot tub at The Lodge and The Retreat are under roof on the deck, so you can enjoy the hot tub even if it's raining or snowing!
Do you offer any additional services for special occasions and celebrations?
- We would love to help out as much as possible! Please contact Mallory at 614-245-5563 to discuss your needs in more detail. Additional fees may apply.
Are there grocery stores in the area?
- Yes! We have two general stores within about 2 miles of the property, and there is a Super Walmart in Logan, about 10 miles away.
Do you allow pets? If not, will you make an exception for my pet?
- Generally speaking we do not allow pets at any of our properties. However, on rare occasions we may consider allowing a single small pet for an additional cleaning fee.
We evaluate this on a case-by-case basis, please contact us for more information.
If you have a service animal, we abide by all relevant laws - which dictate you will need to provide proof you have been prescribed a service animal.
Do you have fire pits at the cabins, and can we bring our own wood?
- Both The Lodge and The Retreat have fire pits. We do offer firewood for purchase for $5.00 per bundle. You can add bundles to your reservation when booking your stay, or pay with cash at the cash box attached to the firewood racks. Please DO NOT bring firewood from outside Hocking County as this is against the law and violators can be subject to $4,000 in fines!
Can we burn the wood that is dead on the ground around the property?
- Yes, you can. We do ask that you please not burn anything that is not already dead.
Do you give Military/First Responder discounts?
- Yes, we offer a 10% discount for all active military and first responders. Call Mallory at 614-245-5563 for more information.
We wanted to have a party at The Lodge, is it ok if we have people stop by as long as they do not stay the night?
- We can accommodate events/parties with plenty of advance notice. We do not allow additional guests, even if they don't stay the night, unless we have agreed to an event prior to your stay. Additional fees will apply for events.
If we have more guests than your property can accommodate can we set up tents or campers?
- Unfortunately, no, we do not allow any more guests than our maximum occupancy. You may want to check with Top O' The Caves Campground, they have cabins where they also allow camping.
Do we need to bring charcoal or propane for the grills?
- No, our grills are propane and we supply the propane.
Do you have ATV trails we can ride on?
- We do not allow ATV riding on our cabin properties. Wayne National Forest has a great network of ATV trails.
Can we fish in the pond on the property?
- Yes! Our pond is stocked with bluegill, bass, and catfish. All fishing is catch & release, and no license is needed on our property. We do not provide fishing poles or bait, however both can be purchased from local camping supply stores and Walmart in Logan.